Dec 08, 2021
Students must fulfill the course requirements for all declared programs. Courses may be reused between programs with the following restrictions:
- For students who elect a double major in or outside of the College of Science and Mathematics, no more than two courses at the 300-level or above may be used toward the fulfillment of both majors.
- For students who elect a minor in or outside of the College of Science and Mathematics, no more than one course at the 300-level or above may be used toward the fulfillment of both the major and the minor.
See General Education for an overview for the curriculum including how to search for courses that meet general education categories .
Verbal Reasoning and Expression
Composition I is waived if a student transfers in Composition II.
Both courses are waived for students transferring in 90 or more credits.
Students in the Honors College will fulfill this requirement with Honors English 101 or 102.
Students must complete either a portfolio or a timed written exam. This requirement should be completed when a student has earned between 60 and 75 credits.
See Writing Proficiency for more information.
Complete one of the following:
QR may be waived by completion of higher level MATH courses.
- One Arts (AR)
- One Humanities (HU)
- Two Social and Behavioral Science (SB)
- One Natural Sciences (NS)
- Three Natural Sciences (NS) or Math/Technology (MT)
- One World Languages (WL)* or World Cultures (WC)
* The World Languages requirement is fulfilled by completion of the second semester elementary-level (102) course in a foreign language or higher OR by completion of an intensive elementary-level foreign language course.
- One United States Diversity
- One International Diversity
Students transferring in 60 or more credits may complete this requirement with one diversity course in either area.