Jan 21, 2022
Department of Leadership in Education | College of Education and Human Development
If this is the student’s only or primary major, the degree requirements below must be completed for graduation. See graduation requirements for more information.
Complete 45 credits from 14 courses including nine core courses, two related subject areas courses, and three electives.
GPA: A minimum GPA of 2.0 is required from all major courses.
Pass/fail: No more than one course taken pass/fail may be applied toward the major.
Residency: All courses at the 300-level or higher applied toward the major must be completed at UMass Boston.
Core Courses (30 Credits)
Related Subject Area Courses (6 Credits)
Complete two from below.
Electives (9 Credits)
Complete three from below.
At least two courses must be at the 300-level or higher.
- ANTH 120L - Sports and Inequality: Race, Class, Gender, and the Labor of Sweat 3 Credit(s)
- CAPS 130 - Introduction to Careers in the Sport Industry 3 Credit(s)
- CAPS 131 - Business of Sports 3 Credit(s)
- CAPS 133 - Personal Branding for a Competitive Edge 3 Credit(s)
- CLSICS 291 - Sport and Spectacle in Greece and Rome 3 Credit(s)
- LABOR 120L - Sports and Inequality: Race, Class, Gender, and the Labor of Sweat 3 Credit(s)
- POLSCI 345 - Sports, Politics, & Policy 3 Credit(s)
- SL 110 - Sport and the Environment 3 Credit(s)
- SL 120 - Sport and Religion 3 Credit(s)
- SL 130 - Sport and African American Culture 3 Credit(s)
- SL 310 - Race and Sport 3 Credit(s)
- SL 331 - Gender and Sport 3 Credit(s)
- SL 410 - Sport Activism, Advocacy, and Agency 3 Credit(s)
- SL 420 - Sport and Globalization 3 Credit(s)