May 21, 2024  
2018-2019 Graduate Catalog 
2018-2019 Graduate Catalog [ARCHIVED CATALOG]

Costs, Financial Aid, & Assistantships

Bursar’s Office
Office of Financial Aid Services


Full-Time (12 credits or more)

Rates are per semester. For annual rates, please double the per semester rates shown below.

Tuition and Mandatory Fees In-State Out-of-State NE Regional
Tuition 8,948.00 17,644.50 14,529.50
Technology Fee 125.00 125.00 125.00
Student Activities Fee 52.50 52.50 52.50
Total Tuition and Fees

Part-Time (under 12 credits) Costs Per Credit

Tuition and Mandatory Fees In-State Out-of-State NE Regional
Tuition 745.70 1,455.50 1,210.80
Technology Fee 10.50 10.50 10.50
Student Activities Fee 4.40 4.40 4.40
Total Tuition and Fees

Other Fee Information


Description Fee
Combined New Student Fee - Graduate.
(one time charge for each certificate / degree)
ID Fee (new matriculated student) 75.00
ID Fee (returning student - once each semester) 12.00
International Student Fee (charged to all students with a visa) 160.00
Student Health Insurance (mandatory if student cannot provide comparable coverage)*

2,178.00 (8/1/18-7/31/19)

Registration Fee (charged each semester to non-degree students) 60.00
Registrar’s Service Fee (charged each semester to non-degree students) 10.00
CM Curriculum and Service Fee - Graduate (charged each semester) 950/semester 475/summer 475/winter
CNHS Curriculum and Service Fee - Graduate (charged each semester) 700/semester 350/summer 350/winter
CNHS - EHS Curriculum and Service Fee  - Graduate (charged each semester) 700/semester 350/summer 350/winter
Commencement Fee 200.00

*Student Health Insurance is ONLY billed to graduate students with 7 or more credits and ALL International Students. 


Description Fee
MassPIRG ( 9.00
Mass Media (Student Newspaper) 17.00
Renewable Energy (UMRET) - opt-in 7.00

About College of Advancing and Professional Studies (CAPS) Courses

Some UMass Boston courses are offered through the College of Advancing and Professional Studies (CAPS). CAPS course costs differ somewhat from those shown in this chart, and CAPS courses are charged separately. Any questions please contact CAPS: Tel (617) 287.7900 or

Certificate Students

Tuition, fees, and billing procedures for certificate students are the same as for matriculated students, unless otherwise noted.

Description of Fees

The Board of Higher Education and the University Board of Trustees determine all charges.

Application Fee
Each application for admission to the university from a student seeking a degree must be accompanied by a non-refundable application fee payment of $60(UG/Grad) for domestic applicants, $100(UG/Grad) for international applicants. Checks should be made payable to The University of Massachusetts Boston, and submitted together with completed application forms.

As a state institution, tuition rates are established annually by the Massachusetts Board of Higher Education and the University Board of Trustees. (Tuition retention: Beginning in the 2016-2017 school year, Legislature allowed the university to retain in-state tuition revenue for the first time.)

Technology Fee
The Technology Fee supports the technology infrastructure and educational environment necessary to meet the technological demands of the UMass Boston community.

Student Activity Fee
The Student Activity Fee supports programs and activities from recognized student organizations that are beneficial to students and enrich current campus student life, including arts, athletics, clubs and recreation and other student-focused programs.

Other Mandatory Fees

  • Combined New Student Fees  is a one-time fee assessed to each certificate and degree seeking student in their first semester. The fee may not be canceled or refunded unless the student withdraws prior to the first day of classes.
  • ID card Fee is used to support the cost of making identification cards (with photographs); all continuing students are charged this fee each fall, and all new or re-entering students are charged the fee before the first semester of attendance.
  • International Student Fee is a flat fee charged each semester to all international students holding visas.
  • Student Health Insurance is mandatory for all students, unless they can prove separate coverage and receive a waiver from the Bursar’s Office. The Student Health Insurance waiver must be filed each academic year. Details please see “Health Insurance” below.
  • Registration Fee is charged to non-degree students during each semester of registration. You will not be charged for orientation or recreation fees.
  • Registrar’s Service Fee is charged each semester to non-degree students for prepayment of all record copying services. This is a life long service. You will not be charged for the copying and mailing of academic records at anytime, either for personal use of for forwarding to third parties.
  • CM Curriculum and Service Fee is used to support the College of Management’s educational mission. This fee will be assessed per semester to all undergraduate students with more than 60 credits and all graduate students.
  • CNHS Curriculum and Service Fee is used to support the College of Nursing and Health Sciences’s educational mission. This fee will be assessed per semester to all undergraduate students with more than 60 credits and all graduate students.
  • CNHS - EHS Curriculum and Service Fee is used to support the EHS program’s educational mission. This fee will be assessed per semester to all undergraduate students with more than 60 credits and all graduate students.
  • Commencement Fee is a one-time fee to seniors or students in the year of their anticipated graduation. To change your year of graduation and to request to remove the commencement fee to your new graduation date, you must contact a graduation specialist in the Registrar’s Office.

Optional Fees

Charges for optional fees appear on the bills of matriculated students, you can waive MassPIRG Fee and Mass Media Fee on WISER during the semester.

MassPIRG Fee The Massachusetts Student Public Interest Research Group (MASSPIRG) is a statewide, student-directed, student-funded, nonpartisan advocacy organization working on environmental, consumer, higher education, voter registration, and hunger and homelessness issues. MASSPIRG student chapters across the state pool resources through a waivable fee each semester and hire professional staff to work with students on these issues. Volunteer, leadership, and internship opportunities are available for students on campus.  For more information about MASSPIRG visit

Mass Media Fee provides sustained funding for the operating costs of UMass Boston’s student newspaper.

* Renewable Energy Fee will be used specifically for renewable energy initiatives on the UMass Boston campus.  The revenue will be administered by students through the UMass Renewable Energy Trust (UMRET).

*Parking Pass please contact the Parking & Transportation Office in the Quinn Administration Building or call them at 617.287.5040 for information about Semester Parking Passes. A student may request that Parking & Transportation department bill the parking pass to his or her account.  It will then be treated as part of the student’s bill and will be subject to late fees if not being paid by the due date of the bill.

Program Fee

Each degree-seeking graduate student is required to maintain continuous registration until the degree that the student is seeking has been formally awarded. If a graduate student does not register for course, thesis, or dissertation credits during any semester, the student must pay a program fee to maintain continuous registration. The program fee for all students is $225.00 per semester and is paid to the One Stop Student Center. Note: Payment of the program fee does not extend the time limit for completion of the degree. Any questions regarding the program fee should go through the One Stop Student Center.

Tuition Surcharge for Credit Hours in Excess of Degree Requirements

The Massachusetts Board of Higher Education requires all universities and state colleges to assess a tuition surcharge to students who exceed 118 percent of required credits in an academic degree program. This surcharge applies to in-state undergraduates and students enrolled through the New England Regional Exchange Program and is equal to the non-resident tuition rate per credit.

  1. Students who transferred to UMass Boston are exempt.
  2. Transfer credits completed after enrolling at UMass Boston are excluded from the total of credits earned.
  3. Credits earned for programs requiring more than 120 credits are excluded. For further information, contact the Registrar’s Office at 617.287.6200.

Refund Policy

Cancellation and Refund Policy for Tuition and Fees

A student who completely withdraws from the university before the sixth week of a semester will be granted a percentage refund of tuition and some fees* (Technology Fee and Student Activities Fee) based on the refund schedule below.  All other fees are non-refundable.

Note: Failure to attend does not constitute withdrawal.

The student must complete and submit a withdrawal form to be considered “withdrawn.” Matriculated undergraduate students in the College of Arts and Sciences, College of Management, and College of Education and Human Development obtain withdrawal forms from the University Advising Center (Campus Center, first floor, room 1100). Matriculated undergraduate students in the College of Nursing and Health Sciences and College of Public and Community Service obtain withdrawal forms from the Academic Support Office of their college. Graduate and non-degree students should obtain withdrawal forms from the One Stop Student Center.

Refund Deadlines

  • A student who pays in advance and submits a withdrawal form prior to the start of the semester will be given a full refund of tuition and fees.
  • After the add/drop period, no refunds will be given for course load reductions.
  • After five weeks, no refunds will be issued if any grades including “W,” “NA,” or “INC” are awarded.

Refunds will not be processed until after the add/drop period. Students will be notified via email when their excess check will be available.

If a financial aid recipient withdraws from the university, his or her refund will first be applied to the reimbursement of scholarship or loan funds (up to the full amount of the scholarship or loan); any remaining amount will then be refunded to the student or parent. A student who is suspended or expelled from the university for disciplinary reasons forfeits all right to a refund. The New Student Deposit and Combined New Student Fees are required of new students and may not be canceled or refunded unless the student withdraws prior to the first day of classes. A student who has not paid in advance must still pay the amount which remains due after the charges are reduced. These rules and regulations shall apply to the classification of students at the University of Massachusetts as Massachusetts or non-Massachusetts students for tuition purposes.

It is important to remember that the balance for a semester must be paid in full before enrolling in the next semester.

Refund Schedule

  Amount refunded if advanced payment made Amount owed if no payment made
On or before add/drop deadline 100% 0%
Within the first two weeks of the semester 80% 20%
During the third week 60% 40%
During the fourth week 40% 60%
During the fifth week 20% 80%
After the fifth week no refund 100%

Schedule does not apply to College of Advancing and Professional Studies (CAPS) courses. See for refund schedule.

Residency Status

These rules and regulations apply to the classification of students at the public institutions of higher education as Massachusetts or non-Massachusetts residents for tuition and fee purposes.

Part I. Definitions

1.1 “Board of Trustees” shall mean the Board of Trustees of an institution.

1.2 “Continuous attendance” shall mean enrollment at an institution for the normal academic year in each calendar year or the appropriate portion or portions of such academic year as prescribed by the Board of Trustees or under its authority.

1.3 “Eligible person” shall mean a U.S. citizen, lawful immigrant, permanent resident, or holder of another legal immigration status, who has satisfied the durational residency requirement and can demonstrate his/her intent to remain in Massachusetts.

1.4 “Emancipated person” shall mean a person who has attained the age of 18 years and is financially independent of his or her parents, or, if under 18 years of age, (a) whose parents have entirely surrendered the right to the care, custody, and earnings of such person and who no longer are under any legal obligation to support or maintain such person; or (b) a person who is legally married; or (c) a person who has no parent. If none of the aforesaid definitions applies, said person shall be deemed an “unemancipated person.”

1.5 “Institution” shall mean the public college or university at which any person is or seeks to be enrolled as a student.

1.6 “Proof of Emancipation” shall be demonstrated through submission of evidence including, but not limited to: (a) Birth certificate or any other legal document that shows place and date of birth; (b) Legal guardianship papers – court appointment and termination must be submitted; (c) Statement of the person, his or her parent(s), guardian(s), or others certifying no financial support;(d) Certified copies of federal and state income tax returns filed by the person and his or her parent(s); (e) Copies of applications for federal financial aid; or (f) Where none of the foregoing can be provided, an affidavit of the emancipated person in explanation thereof and stating fully the grounds supporting the claim of emancipation.

1.7 “Parent” shall mean

  1. the person’s father and mother, jointly;
  2. if the person’s father is deceased, the person’s mother; if the person’s mother is deceased, the person’s father;
  3. if a legal guardian has been appointed by a court having jurisdiction, the legal guardian;
  4. if neither the father nor mother is living and no legal guardian has been appointed, the person who then stands in loco parentis to the person;
  5. if the father and mother are divorced, separated or unmarried, the parent who has been awarded legal custody of the person; or, if legal custody has not been awarded, the parent with whom the person lives.

With respect to any adopted student, the word “adoptive” should be inserted before the words “father” and “mother” wherever used.

1.8 “Reside,” “residency,” or “resident” shall mean “domicile,” i.e., a person’s true fixed and permanent home or place of habitation, where he or she intends to remain permanently.

Part II. Classification

2.1 For the purpose of assessing tuition and fees, each student shall be classified as a “Massachusetts resident” or a “Non-Massachusetts resident.” At the University and the state colleges, an eligible person shall be classified as a Massachusetts resident if he or she (or the parent of an unemancipated student) shall have resided in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts for purposes other than attending an educational institution (including a private educational institution) for twelve months immediately preceding the student’s entry or reentry as a student. At the community colleges, a person shall be classified as a Massachusetts resident if he or she (or the parent of an unemancipated student) shall have resided in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts for purposes other than attending an educational institution (including a private educational institution) for six months immediately preceding the student’s entry or reentry as a student.

2.2 Physical presence for this entire twelve-month or six-month period need not be required as long as the conduct of an individual, taken in total, manifests an intention to make Massachusetts his or her permanent dwelling place. However, residency is not acquired by mere physical presence in Massachusetts while the person is enrolled in an institution of higher education.

Part III. Determination of Residency

3.1 Proof of Residency

  1. Each case will be decided on the basis of all facts submitted with qualitative rather than quantitative emphasis. A number of factors are required for residency 3 to determine the intention of the person to maintain permanent residence in Massachusetts. No single indicium is decisive. The burden of proof rests on the student seeking classification as a Massachusetts resident.
  2. The following shall be indicia of residence:
    1. For unemancipated persons, the residency of parents, having custody, within Massachusetts;
    2. Certified copies of federal and state income tax returns;
    3. Permanent employment in a position not normally filled by a student;
    4. Reliance on Massachusetts sources for financial support;
    5. Possession of a Massachusetts high school diploma;
    6. Continuous physical presence in Massachusetts during periods when not an enrolled student;
    7. Military home of record; and
    8. All other material of whatever kind or source which may have a bearing on determining residency.

3.2 Eligibility

  1. a) The following individuals shall be eligible for in-state tuition:
    1. Any person who is registered at an institution as a Massachusetts resident shall be eligible for continued classification as a Massachusetts resident for tuition purposes (until attainment of the degree for which he or she is enrolled) during continuous attendance at the institution.
    2. The spouse of any person who is classified or is eligible for classification as a Massachusetts resident is likewise eligible for classification as a Massachusetts resident. This provision will not apply in the case of a spouse in the United States on a non-immigrant visa.
    3. A person who is a lawful immigrant or permanent resident of the United States is eligible to be considered for Massachusetts residency for tuition purposes provided that he/she meets the same requirements for establishing residency in Massachusetts as are required of a United States citizen. Non-citizens who are in (or who are eligible to apply and who have applied for) refugee/asylum status are likewise eligible to be 4 considered for Massachusetts residency for tuition purposes provided that they meet the same requirements for establishing residency in Massachusetts as are required of a United States citizen. All non-citizens must provide appropriate United States Citizenship and Immigration Services documentation to verify their status.
    4. Those students whose higher education pursuits are funded by the Department of Institutional Assistance, the Massachusetts Rehabilitation Commission, or any of the other Commonwealth of Massachusetts public assistance programs.
    5. A member of the Armed Forces of the United States who is stationed in Massachusetts on active duty pursuant to military orders, his or her spouse and dependent children. A person does not gain or lose in state status solely by reason of his or her presence in any state or country while a member of the Armed Forces of the United States.
    6. Full time faculty, professional staff, and classified staff employees of the public higher education system and their spouses and dependent students.
  2. A person having his or her residency elsewhere than in Massachusetts shall not be eligible for classification as a Massachusetts resident for tuition purposes, except as herein provided.

Part IV. Appeals and Reclassification

4.1 Reclassification: A student may at any time request the institution to reclassify him or her as a Massachusetts resident if the factual basis for his or her classification as a nonresident has changed. To do so, the student shall submit a “Residency Reclassification Form” to the appropriate office of the institution for its review and final classification as a resident or a non-resident student.

4.2 Appeals: A student or applicant may appeal the institution’s final decision to deny his or her classification (or reclassification) as a non-resident by filing an appeal through the appeal process established by the institution. The decision on appeal is final and may not be appealed further.

4.3 Tuition Deadlines: All deadlines for the payment of tuitions, fees, and other financial obligations to the institution remain in force during the pendency of any request for reclassification or any appeal.

4.4 Retroactive Effect: Any change in a student’s classification as the result of a request for reclassification or an appeal will be retroactive only to the beginning of the semester during which the institution makes the final decision to reclassify the student.

Part V. Penalties

Misrepresentation in or omission from any evidence submitted with respect to any fact which, if correctly or completely stated, would be grounds to deny classification as a Massachusetts resident, shall be cause for exclusion or expulsion from or other disciplinary action by the institution.

Part VI. Miscellaneous

6.1 Each institution may adopt supplementary rules governing any procedures, deadlines, and related matters appropriate for the implementation of this policy.

6.2 The provisions of this policy shall apply to the classification of a student as the resident of any New England state for purposes of determining his or her eligibility for tuition benefits through the New England Board of Higher Education.

The Bursar’s Office

The Bursar’s Office handles payments of tuition and fees, and distributes refunds and university financial aid.


Bills are issued monthly to any student with a balance. Payment must be made by the due date on the bill to avoid late fees (a $50 late payment fee will be applied to each past due invoice for the semester).

  • Active students will receive an email notification to their UMass Boston email account when their bills have been generated in WISER. The notification will provide the invoice ID as well as the due date.
  • In order to view the bills, students must log into their WISER account. The bills are located under the Finance Center tab on the Student Center page⇒Click on View All Invoices.
  • Students can print or email their student bills directly to parents, guardians, employers, spouses or other involved parties.
  • Students have the option to grant or remove access to individuals in order to view student bills within their Student Center in WISER.
  • Need help? Click here for the Job Aid “How to Access e-bill in WISER”


(The Bursar’s Office will only accept checks, cashier’s checks, or money orders drawn on a U.S. bank in U.S. currency, and we do not accept payment over the phone.)

Payment options include cash, check, money order, and cashier’s check. Please be sure to put your student account id number on the check for proper posting.

  • Cash payments must be made in the Bursar’s Office.
  • Check, money order, and cashier’s check payments may be made by mail or in person at the Bursar’s Office or at the One Stop.

In addition to the above payment options, the University of Massachusetts Boston works with an external vendor, CashNet,  to process e-check and online credit card payments (MasterCard, VISA, Discover, or American Express cards are accepted) This service is available online 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.  A 2.75% non-refundable convenience fee for domestic credit or debit card transactions is assessed. A 4.25% fee is assessed for each international credit card or debit card transaction is assessed. Go to Online Payments for details.

Your bank’s online bill payment service:

  • Any automated bill payment service through your personal bank directing bank to send a check to our office should include your first and last names with the 8-digit university ID number.  
  • Allow 7 to 14 business days for delivery to the university and posted onto your WISER account. 
  • Use of personal banking “online bill payment” services may delay payment of your account and may result in late fees or enrollment consequences.  Please plan the timing of your payments accordingly.

** All payments are subject to verification, which could delay the removal of an administrative hold. A returned check or rejected e-check will result in a $28 fee.

Nonpayment will result in a hold being placed on a student account which will prevent a student from:

  1. registering for a subsequent semester
  2. getting grades
  3. graduating
  4. getting transcripts

Important: Bills unpaid for 3 months after the end of the semester for which they are due will be sent to collections. Accounts in collection are assessed a 25% collection fee.

Wire Transfers

(This option is not for the payment of the new student deposit, reactivation fee, application fee or housing fee. Any overpayment would result in the return of the entire transaction.)

International Wire Transfers (Learn more)

Reference: GlobalPay user guides or click on the YouTube tutorial videos on the right side of this web page.

UMass Boston provides you a method of paying your tuition and fees in your own currency via Western Union Business Solutions, a specialist in global business payments.

Western Union will charge $20 for any incoming USD-to-USD payments. There will be no processing fees for payments received in other currencies from Western Union Business Solutions or UMass Boston, though you may be charged transaction fees by the banks. The exchange rate is valid for 72 hours after you have initiated the transaction and payment must be received by Western Union Business Solutions within that period. Neither Western Union Business Solutions nor UMass Boston shall be liable to you or the intended beneficiary for any additional costs, fees, or expenses resulting from the untimely delivery of the payment as set forth above. 

By clicking the following link, you are choosing the Western Union Business Solutions “Bank to Bank Transfer” process for your UMass Boston tuition payment. You may obtain your balance via the WISER self-services account. For more information on Western Union Business Solutions, please visit or email

Note: Transaction fees deducted from both the sending bank and receiving bank will affect the funds the school receives.

Excess / Refund

Excess is created when the total payments on an account are greater than the total bill. Excess payments will result in the issue of an excess check or Debit/Credit Card refund.

Notification that an excess refund is available is made by an email sent to a student’s UMass Boston email account. A student can forward his/her emails from the UMass Boston account to an alternate email address.

In-House Payment Plan

The Bursar’s Office offers an in-house payment plan for current semesters. This is an interest-free way of paying tuition in equal monthly payments with a one-time charge of a non-refundable enrollment fee per semester.

The benefits of our monthly payment plan:

  • More time to pay.
  • Avoid high interest rates.
  • Create smaller, more manageable payments.
  • Reduce the amount you need to borrow.

See for more information.

Graduate Assistantships and Financial Aid


UMass Boston supports graduate education primarily through assistantships. Assistantships are not awarded by Financial Aid Services. They are formal service contracts between you and your graduate school department. They may include

  • a tuition waiver
  • a waiver of fees
  • a stipend

The number of graduate assistantships are limited based on budget. Contact your Graduate Program Director for more information. Financial Aid award packages may be adjusted for students receiving assistantships.

International Students

  • May apply for assistantships
  • Must be enrolled full-time (9 credits) to comply with immigration regulations

Financial Aid


TEACH Grant Program

  • federally-funded program
  • stands for The Teacher Education Assistance for College and Higher Education (TEACH)
  • provides funds to eligible graduate students who agree to serve as a full-time, highly-qualified teacher in a high-need subject area in a designated low-income school for at least 4 years within 8 years of graduating
  • based on your FAFSA application
  • intended for students who will teach full-time in high-need subject areas for at least four years
  • must serve students from low-income families
  • part-time students are eligible for the grant at a reduced level
  • requires completion of one or more forms. Scan the list for the appropriate TEACH Grant Program form


Most graduate students are heavily dependent on loans. You must be enrolled at least half-time (6 credits or more) to be considered for student loans. Be cautious of your total loan liability and your repayment obligations.

Federal Perkins Loan
  • federally-funded program
  • low-interest (5 percent) loan
  • Based on exceptional financial need
Federal Direct Unsubsidized Loan
  • federally guaranteed loan that is not based on financial need
  • interest accrues from the time the loan is disbursed to the school
  • not required to make interest or principal payments until six months after graduation, or six months after you drop below half-time enrollment
The Federal Direct PLUS Loan for Graduate or Professional Students
  • a low interest, credit based loan
  • borrow directly from the U.S. Department of Education
  • must be enrolled at least half-time
  • not required to make interest or principal payments until six months after graduation, or six months after you drop below half-time enrollment
Alternative Loans from Private Lenders
  • a credit-based loan from a private lender or other financial institution
  • Financial Aid Services encourages you to research loan terms and conditions carefully.
Be a Responsible Borrower

Federal Work-Study

  • part-time student employment
  • eligibility based on financial need
  • work for the University or an approved Community Service Program off campus

Institutional Student Employment Program

  • part-time student employment on campus funded by UMass Boston

Applying for Financial Aid

Federal Aid

The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is the first step in the financial aid process. Use the FAFSA to apply for federal student aid.

The FAFSA requires detailed financial information to calculate your Expected Family Contribution (EFC). The EFC measures your family’s financial strength and is used to determine your eligibility for financial aid.

Cost of Attendance

Cost of Attendance changes each year and is based on direct educational costs such as tuition, fees and indirect allowances for costs such as personal expenses, transportation, and books/supplies.

The Expected Family Contribution (EFC) is determined by the data supplied on the FAFSA, and is calculated by a federal formula. The Expected Family Contribution (EFC) is subtracted from the Cost of Attendance. The difference between the two amounts is “financial need” and represents a student’s maximum eligibility for need-based aid.

Summer Aid

Registered summer students will be reviewed for Pell grant eligibility as well as Federal Direct loans. Students, identified as Pell eligible for the academic year will be reviewed for remaining Pell grant eligibility. You will be considered for Federal Direct Loans if you did not borrow the annual maximum limit of Federal Direct Student Loan funds during the previous fall and spring semesters. A student must be enrolled for a minimum of six (6) summer credits to be considered for student loans.

Satisfactory Academic Progress

At the end of the spring semester each year or upon your re-enrollment at the University, your academic performance is reviewed to determine if you are making satisfactory academic progress (SAP). The review is based on your cumulative grade point average and credits completed vs. attempted.

Graduate students must:

  • Maintain a grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or higher.
  • Attempt no more than 150% of the credits/competencies required of your degree program (max credits)
  • Complete 67% of all credits/competencies attempted (total earned credits/total attempted credits)

If you fail to meet the above requirements, you will be notified by Financial Aid Services that you are no longer eligible for financial assistance.

You have the right to appeal the Financial Aid Office’s decision. You can fill out the Financial Aid Satisfactory Appeal Form and describe any personal circumstances and/or extenuating circumstances that contributed to your academic performance. Your appeal, along with an academic plan, signed by your academic advisor, which outlines your action plan for the following semester, must be received by published deadlines.

Financial Aid Services will review all appeals. Incomplete appeals will not be considered. The decision of the committee is final. The SAP Appeal Process is for financial aid purposes only. It does not substitute for University review of a student’s academic standing.